We have the honor to have Sheena on the cover of the very first issue of the W-TOWN Magazine. We had a fantastic photoshoot with her around town, and simply had to know more about her and her life in Wilmington.
■ How long have you lived in the Wilmington area?
– Wilmington has been “home” now for just shy of two years after moving from Raleigh in April of 2014. Although I do frequently return to Raleigh, I can honestly say that going coastal has been a decision I don’t regret!
■ What are some fun things you like to do in Wilmington?
– When the weather permits and I find the time, my favorite thing to do is lounge on the beach with my dogs, put on some music and enjoy a few beverages. However I also enjoy going to the concerts in downtown Wilmington; these have quickly become a Friday night routine for me as I enjoy the live music from local, as well as touring bands.
■ What’s the nightlife like and some good places that you like to go in Wilmington?
– Wilmington has a colorful selection of bars scattered up and down Front St. and the neighboring side streets. Pravda is my go-to spot when I’m in the mood for an upbeat atmosphere where I can just let my hair down and have a good time. After exams, or stressful days at school, my friends and I enjoy having a few drinks at The Husk to unwind.
■ What are some of your favorite Restaurants in Wilmington?
– Hands down, my favorite place to eat in Wilmington is Bluewater. They usually have live music out on the patio every Sunday over looking the water, making this my summer go-to spot for cocktails and seafood. Their crab-dip and coconut shrimp are must-try, because you can’t just order one! Indochine is another favorite of mine and is truly one-of-a-kind. It doesn’t look like much from the outside, but looks are deceiving. This Thai and Vietnamese restaurant is full of art and while the atmosphere is unforgettable, it’s nothing in comparison to their mouth-watering entrées.
■ We know you like to work out, so what’s your favorite workout spot?
– I have been a member of O2 Fitness since moving to the area in 2014. Free weights are a staple in my workouts and this gym offers everything I need to reach my fitness goals.
■ Knowing you love the beach, does Wilmington beaches get your approval?
– The blue water, soft sand and quick access to various amenities makes Wrightsville beach my favorite of all the beaches in the Wilmington area. Any and all of the surrounding beaches are beautiful and kept clean, I would certainly recommend stopping by to enjoy the coastline.